Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First out of town conference



Brandon was invited to speak at the Alabama Academy of Radiology's fall meeting. (Which I try to appreciate, but it makes me feel old and I don't take to that well.) I am extremely proud of him though. Anyway, we got to stay at the Renaissance Hotel and Spa in Montgomery. The view was beautiful and it happened to be the weekend of a 1/2 marathon that was taking place downtown right by our hotel. It was exciting. The night we arrived there were all sorts of bands set up on the streets and several blocks were barricaded from traffic, letting us roam around downtown Montgomery very easily. We ate at a little Thai restaurant at Union Station, by the river and enjoyed dancing in the streets afterwards, my favorite part. The kids were so great! I was so thankful that they slept incredibly well with us all being in the same room. They went to bed just like bedtime. While Brandon was at the conference, the kids and I went up to the rooftop pool and played. We could look over the terrace to the street and see the finish line for the marathon going on that morning. It was a lot of fun.
After Brandon spoke we went loaded in the car and headed to Oxford, AL to see Brandon's parents for the afternoon. The kids love their Grandmama and PawPaw!
Here is the brochure for the conference. I'm so proud of him. See his name at 11:00!
Loving on PawPaw
playing together in the hotel
Dancing in the streets...the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment