I had finally made a decision and wanted to get a race car bed for Owen. It took me a couple years to finally commit. Well in true Maurita fashion, I only wanted a certain red race car bed that had a toy trunk in the front and a fin on the back. I only had about $100 to spend, ok, actually I had no money to spend, but poor Owen had been sleeping on a mattress in the floor since June. He was perfectly fine staying in his crib honestly, but June was a rough month for me and I needed some distraction.
So on June 20th, the day my oldest and incredible brother, Ricky passed away from cancer. I came home at the end of that day, just wanting to rearrange something, anything. So literally, at 8pm (bedtime), I had Brandon move his crib to a different side of the room and bring in the mattress from Chris' room. Owen was completely fine with the change. He had no problem swapping. The greatest thing was that the next morning, I heard him on his monitor making noises with the springs on his crib and saying "mommy?"...kinda like, "um, can you come get me?". So funny because he could have just walked out of his room. When I went in that first morning, he was literally hanging off of the mattress on the floor, reaching over to the bottom of his crib to make that noise. It was like he felt like he wasn't supposed to get up from the mattress. I love it, I'll remember it like that, always. We actually got the race car bed from craigslist in October. I was thrilled. Below there's a video of how silly happy he was.
Here's some pics of the process.
last pic of his room with a crib
shooting spiderwebs because he loves his new blanket
No comments:
Post a Comment